Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Pause in the Global News Flow


There is, as a matter of fact, a pause in the flow of global debate news. Here are some of the reasons:
  • The Asian Debating website has really slowed down lately. After a lot of stories now we have one or two a week. I know that Rashedul Hasan Stalin is involved in organizing a tournament and is a very busy person, but I hope he does not lose his enthusiasm for his blog because I use it and enjoy it.
  • Colm Flynn's World Debating Website has been having server troubles. I assume that this will pass, but it is another important debate news website that I enjoy and use.
  • Some other news sources (I won't name them, don't want to be critical of god efforts) have switched to using bulletin boards that I find harder to check. They are also difficult to post to because I have to formally join them, which I would prefer not to do.
  • Some listservs I use have been very slow or else full of irrelevant nattering that is of no news value, such as flame wars and fantasy sports posts.
  • Finally, I have been on the road and just returned from Yale, so even Global Debate has been slow since Thursday. I plan to make up for that today.

So, that is my read on the situation as October ticks away and we head towards November. Thanks for reading this site, probably the least read of all my websites.

No comments: